Arriving in the northern capital of Russia, the question immediately arises: how in short time period spend your holiday optimally and profitably?
So, Rossi Tour Business prepared the TOP-5 interesting places in St. Petersburg, which tourist should visit primarily:
1. Palace Square - one of the most beautiful squares in the world. The architectural ensemble of the square includes the building of the Winter Palace, the building of the General Staff, built in a semicircle with an arch decorated with sculptural compositions, and the Headquarters of the Guards Corps. In the middle of the square stands a monument to the war of 1812, the Alexander Column.
2. Winter Palace (Hermitage) - here you can get acquainted not only with art collections, but also come to admiration from the interior of the palace.
3. Boat excursion through the rivers and canals - St. Petersburg is often called "northern Venice". It is not accidental - the city is spread out on 44 islands, which circle numerous rivers and canals. While sailing on a boat or river tram under low bridges, you will see palaces and noble mansions along the rivers.
4. Temples and cathedrals of the city - many cathedrals are located in the center of the city. It is the Savior on Spilled Blood, the Kazan and Peter and Paul cathedrals, the Smolny monastery. The symbol of St. Petersburg is St. Isaac's Cathedral. The height of the cathedral is 111.3 m. Among the largest dome cathedrals of the world, St. Isaac's takes fourth place. From the viewing platform of the dome you can see a magnificent view of the city.
5. Peterhof - take time to visit the palace and park ensemble on the shore of the Gulf of Finland. These are Peterhof and its fountains. It is impossible to convey in words impressions from the type of cascade of fountains decorated with gilded sculptures - it just needs to be seen.